The latest beta is mostly a bug fix release with the major new featues being Documents (Word, Excel, txt) join Photo,Video,Track as store and search objects and permissions for menu items have been added.
The source code and binaries are up on SourceForge: ODSSA
- Expandable API for adding your own database tables to the system.
- JSON based HTTP transport protocol reduces network load compared to XML.
- Multiple file storage locations on the server spanning numerous disks and partitions.
- Your legacy systems can interact with the server using the published JSON API.
- Streams H.264 videos.
- Security validation for photo and file access.
- Full Security - all requests now checked against roles and permissions.
- Docoument storage enabled (Word, Excel, Txt).
- Create / Save searchs with filterss such as bounding box, file dates, keywords, and projects.
- Multiple searches can be displayed at one time with quick hide search feature also available.
- Display photos and view streaming videos from the server
- Results of searchs can be displayed on maps, timelines, data tables, lists, and grids.
- Manage Users, Permissions, and Roles with easy to use screens.
- User permissions downloaded at login.
- Menu items shown/hidden according to permissions.
- Documents viewable on maps and table display.
- Documents can be downloaded with just a click.
- Drawable bounding box joins extent as map search parameter
Media Import Tool
- Upload Photos, Videos, and GPS tracks to you Odessa server with wizard-based tool.
- Read the GPS information stored in the photo EXIF or IPTC headers.
- Spatially index groups of photos against a GPS track log for photos w/o EXIF GPS info.
- Manually index photos and point video by placing location points on the map display.
- Video files can be spatially indexed using a GPS track.
- View GPS tracks on maps.
- Upload files via port 8080.
- Docouments (Word, Excel, Txt) can now be uploaded to Server.